The amazing Victoria Dodge, founder of Nourishment, is a friend and a mentor. She explains, "I created Nourishment to heal, nurture and feed anyone who wants to change their path or enhance their way of living through true education!" After a super successful career in photography (5 books later), Victoria started on her path toward becoming a raw food chef and health educator when she married her yogi husband, Tamal Dodge. (Check out his brand new studio Yoga Salt in Marina del Rey). Victoria teaches group and private nutritional consultations while raising her two beautiful children. This mama and I talked about how women can optimize their health throughout any life stage.
Here are Victoria's top 5 health tips:
1. Hydrate! You should drink at least half your body weight in water every day. Bathe your cells!
2. Eat as much “green” as possible. (Preferably raw!) Greens are very alkalizing and also are very nutrient dense. If possible drink one green juice a day along with a beautiful salad. Your body will thank you!
3. Exercise! Move that body! Oxygen is the number one alkalizer! (with water as number 2) Get outdoors and breathe the fresh air, take time and go to a yoga class or jump around with your kids at least 3-4 times a week. Exercise will aid in your digestion and sleep; not to mention give you beautiful, glowing skin.
4. Fiber. Make sure to eat foods that contain fiber a.k.a. salad, brown rice, chia and flax seeds. Fiber will keep your digestive tract happy and ultimately your body feeling energized instead of sluggish.
5. Sleep. I cannot emphasize this enough. Sleep is when your body restores and heals itself. I could write a whole book on the importance of this subject. Make sure to get consistently good sleep. No electronics in your room and do not eat 2-3 hours before bed. If you have trouble sleeping try my Deep Sleep pure organic essential oil before bed. (www.nourishmentnow.com/products).
Thank you, Victoria!
the mama method